Monday, June 23, 2008

Semi Finals

On Sunday we had the Semi-finals.
I started my run with a small touch on the 1st gate! Lukily I moved on to paddle quite nicely through the next few gates. At about gate 10 I lost my composure a bit and struggled slightly with the tricky stagger. 4 touches and coming a bit low into one of the Ups was all it took to push me down the ranks to finish in 38th. My run definately wasn't my best but it was okay. It was very tough compition and for me making the Semi's was a good step and I think is a reflection on how much I have improved over the last 6weeks. I am really looking forward to this weekends race, World Cup No.2 here in Tacen. I am aiming to make it into the top 20.
James Dawson ended 38th in the C1M and Luuka Jones placed 39th.
Yesterday we packed up our things and drove for 7hours to the venue of World Cup No. 2-Tacen which is in the beautiful city of Ljubiana in Slovenja. Matej Benus(The guy who we bought our Skoda Rapid off) kindly gave us his new, slightly updated Skoda to drive as he didn't think the Skoda Rapid was up to it!! It was really good to have a car that did more then 120 comfortably on the motorway and we have been able to pull out into the fastlane for once! Although I do miss the Skoda Rapid a bit!
It is really nice and hot here and the Tacen whitewater is a lot of fun!!We have been swimming at the river all day, its been great. On Wednesday we are looking at driving to the coast of Croatia(About 2hours away) for some salt water action!
Ciao

No comments: