Saturday, August 15, 2009

Slovak Open-Quals Race

Today we had the qualification for the Slovak Open. The boys were off first this morning. Then Luuka, Brent and I were this afternoon. I know the course here in Bratislava really well so I was feeling pretty good, even though the course was pretty tricky. However I had an average 1st run with two touches and I took a roll, my time was 129+4secs. My 2nd run started a lot better with a pretty solid online top section, then I unfortunately made a small mistake which caused me to do another roll and 50 two gates! So my 2nd run time was 124+102. I ended up in 37th, top 20 cuttoff was 124seconds. I was pretty gutted as I was feeling good for this race and was hoping to do a lot better. Luuka had some touches in her runs which was enough to put her out of the top 20, so she ended up in 34th. Brent has only just arrived in Europe so is still aclimatizing, he missed the Semi for C1M. Unfortunately Johann and Aaron missed the Semi too, there were over 100 K1M! Mike dominated the K1M to qualify in 1st!!!Very stoked for him, its awesome and well deserved!
So tommorrow we will be cheering on Mike in the Semis, along with doing some assignments for me!!!and then Monday I think we will cruise to Ljubiana.
Off to a concert by the course tonight:)

No comments: