Monday, March 15, 2010

Citroen Extreme Race








The Citroen Extreme Race for 2010 was an awesome event! I had a really great time and am so glad I was there. For me my performance in my race runs reflects how far my boating has come in the last year, I managed to nail the left line a few times and was in the lead for most of my runs! Unfortunately I got caught on the eddyline and was overtaken by Nikki Whitehead, this pushed me out of contention for the win, it was a really unfortunate and unlucky occurance. Katrina made it through to the final but got caught up in the eddy on the left after the Cirtoen middle rock and this forced her to take a very nasty swim! Pete Simpson won the Mens, closely followed by Ben Robson and Chris Atkinson and then Brad Lauder. Nikki Whitehead won the chicks, followed by Toni George, Ngaio Hart and Katrina Van Wljk. This was all followed by a bit of a party at the river. We went to Queenstown the next day for some luging. And then on to Christchurch to stay with Willz and Chris Atkinson. Jono flew out early the next morning and me and Katrina carried on to watch the sunrise in Amberley! Then on to Blenheim where we had lunch at Nick Hoffmans and he took us to a awesome swimming hole on the Palorus river. We picked up two Dutch hitchhikers on the ferry and they are now coming North with me and Katrina! fun times!
It has been really great these last two weeks, lots of amazing rivers and paddling and people!
Better boost...
Louise

No comments: