Monday, June 28, 2010

WORLD CUP 2- LA SEU, SPAIN!





We have been back in La Seu D’ Urgel of the Catalonian area of Spain. It was typical hot Spanish weather and we were very fortunate for the icy water! We stayed in the same place as we stayed last year for the World Championships. Luuka and I have now joined up with Mike, Johann, Brent, Les, Kay and Jane.
Race Day: Friday was race day and our lead up to this was good. I was feeling ready. The boys were off first and I followed with my C1. I was feeling confident as the course was pretty much made for rightys! I put down a solid run but was a bit slow and I picked up 1 touch. I finished in 11th place qualifying through to the Semi-Finals. In the afternoon I had my K1 Runs. In my first run I went out feeling good and layed it down in the top half. Towards the end I lost my focus and had a few big mistakes that lost me a lot of time. I was amped to get into my 2nd run and perform to my potential but unfortunately this did not happen. I was so tired and lost my focus right up the top, a few small mistakes and I was done, I pretty much gave up and floated down the rest of the course. It was sooo gutting. I was just so tired and over it. I was really disappointed but got over it.
The next day it was Semi-finals and Luuka had made the cut in 23rd for K1 and I in C1 in 11th place. Jane Nicolas a Kiwi junior also made it to the Semi-final for C1.
I paddled pretty badly to be honest, the course was really tough and I failed to perform. I was tired and felt unconfident so did not attack in a competitive manor as I had in my Qualification Heat the day before. Anyway I finished my run and placed 12th. Jane ended up in 17th. Then Luuka busted out her K1 Semi-final Run. She was well on form at the top and performing at a high standard but the bottom of the course had some testing moves. She got a creditable 24th result! Now we are back in Augsburg!!!Loving it!

No comments: