Monday, August 23, 2010

Recharged in paradise! Bring on the Worlds!!!





Last week I spent a lot of my time either running the streets of Ljubljana, at the physio or in the gym, or doing uni work of course:). My shoulder was feeling a lot better and I was able to do a lot more with it, by the Thursday afternoon (3weeks since injury) I was back on flatwater gates in both my C1 and K1, and it felt okay. All of the New Zealanders went to Bratislava last weekend to race at the Pre World Championships. Mike Dawson, Luuka Jones and Aaron Osbourne all qualified through to the Semi-finals! Check out results here: http://www.lomtec.com/cunovo/index.cfm?Area=ResultList
I wanted to give my shoulder a bit more time to heal before jumping in to White Water so I took off to Croatia and met up with my sister Izzy! It was amazing! So beautiful and a spectacular trip. Izzy and I started in the walled off town of Dubrovnik and made our way up the coast to end up in Zadar. The coast was amazing and the water was so clear you could see for a good 10m infront of you. I was stunned by the geography of the environment, it was not at all what I expected. In Croatia there is a lot of high hills that are really close to the coast, one minute you are in the mountains and the next you are in the sea! It was also the best time ever with my sister Izzy, I really loved being with her again as I might not be seeing her for a while, she now lives and works in London!
I had trouble sleeping last night as I was getting excited...today I got back on the White Water!!!I did K1 as this has the least impact on my shoulder. It actually felt really good to be back on the white water, I know the course here well and I felt in sync with the flow of the water. I got off early though as my shoulder is still a bit tender and was feeling a bit sore.
2weeks now till the World Championships here in Ljubljana Slovenia!

No comments: