Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tuna!







After getting my final exam done for the year I cruised back North via the Outback of Taihape where I picked up a brand new very hot Red Bliss-Stick kayak! Currently the fastest Extreme boat in the World and on the market, the 'Tuna'. On arrival back in Okere Falls I didn't even make it back to my flat, I saw Kenny Mutton at the put in and so busted out a sweet run in my shiny new boat!

It felt amazing! The Tuna is a very wicked boat and although it caters for the heavier build I findit carries me on top of the water very effectively and its speed pickup is great. It boofs nicely and shoots wickedly out of drops!

On the Sunday Ryan L, Ricketts, Maxi and I boosted to the Wairoa for a couple of laps which was good fun. There we met up with Swiss born and bred Severin and kidnapped him to bring back to Okere Falls!

On the Monday Maxi, Severin and I boosted down the lower Kaituna Gorges! It seemed very suitable with my new 'Tuna' kayak! And it was a really awesome day! The river was at around 500's so the flow was quite descent and pushy, we walked Knarley. The Tuna performed super well and flew out of the 3 Smokey drops:)



No comments: