Sunday, April 08, 2012

SUP Nationals!


The last few weeks I have been trying to get in as much Uni work as possible before I head away overseas in mid May to California! Work doing kayak instruction for high schools and hostessing on the yacht back on Lake Rotoiti keep coming up however and this makes it hard to get ahead in school.
So last weekend Mike Dawson and I cruised along to the NZ SUP Nationals at Takapuna Beach on the North Shore of Auckland. We were representing Pau-Hana a Hawaiian SUP brand and the people that import the boards here in New Zealand are totally awesome! I am super stoked on the Oahu Surf Board that they have hooked me up with!
So racing! This was Mike and I's first SUP race and we both found it quite interesting. There were only 3woman so we had to race the men and I finished after my 2nd heat in 3rd out of the three woman. I was a bit dissapointed as they did not hold a proper Womans Final and I never got to properly race the other chicks. I found the event organisation not very informative and the event as a whole was not ran very smoothly. Was stoked to be there representing Pau-Hana though!

No comments: