Thursday, January 30, 2014

TreeTrunk Gorge

 The first drop
 Clear blue waters:)
 Jen- after the first drop





 Looking down at Stefan heading over the horizon of the 2nd drop



Been having sweet times here paddling everyday and working on the yacht. Last week Joe Morley, Jennifer Chrimes, Stefan Gilmour and I headed down to Treetrunk Gorge. Jen & I were stoked to make it after missing out on the week before’s mission. I can still remember going to watch one of the first crews to ever run this, we watched Dyl dissapair in the entry move (Lukily he climbed up the wall)!! I thought I would never be running it. The seal launch is almost the hardest part!! The first drop has a flat water entry that you want to head hard right on, it has a wall connect halfway down that shoots you out. The 2nd drop is about 10metres downstream and you want to boof it centre. The gorge is tight and committing and absolutely stunning!

No comments: