Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bullerfest!


On Friday night Calum, Dylan and myself made our way up to Murchison for Bullerfest. Bullerfest is a major kayaking event that happens every year and is a really fun Competition. Unfortunately the rain gods were working hard this weekend! On the Saturday we had the slalom and it poured down. From the time I looked at the course to the time I got on the water the river had risen about a foot! A few gates had to be taken out as the flow increased and the gates changed from ups to downs as currents invaded the eddies! My 1st run was alright but with the increase of the already fast flow I was pushed off line in my 2nd run. I ended up in 2nd. The Saturday night party as per usual was Awesome!!!!! Some sweet dancing was done!
I managed to make it home safely thanks to Mainfreight who kindly picked me up off the side of the road. So I am now back in Otaki doing some training and getting sorted for Auz!! Only 3days to go!wooooya

No comments: