Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Oceania Championships

The Qualification race for the Oceania Championships was on the Saturday. I went into the race feeling quite nervous and unfortunately it showed in my paddling. As I made my way down the course I touched several gates and was quite offline. I was pretty disapointed but theres not much you can do. The top 20 made it through to the semi final.
On the Sunday I got to race in what was called the invitation division(Those that didn't make Semis). My first run was okay with only 1 small mishap. My second run was not so good.
It was a big learning experience and showed me how not to prepare for a race!
Both Luuka and James are now in the running for the Olympics(Providing they make the top 16 Nations at the World Cups). Which is awesome!!!!
For now im back in Otaki having a bit of down time before I head up North to the New Zealand National Slalom Kayak Champs which are this coming weekend!

No comments: