Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pau- World Cup No. 1

There are over 30countries here and we enjoyed a entertaining Opening ceremony last night for the World Cup here in Pau, France. Today we had the Qualifications. For me, I was feeling really nervous before my 1st run and it showed! I was coming 28th after 1st runs with a time of 130 and 1touch. My 2nd run started out a lot better, I was feeling really relaxed and in control. I had a pretty mint 1st half and was feeling good. Towards the bottom of the course however I came really low in one of the Ups and then lost a bit of time in another gate. My 2nd runtime was 121 clean, I ended up in 32nd. I was feeling a bit dissapointed with my performance, but could see where I lost my time.
Mike and Aaron put down quick flat times but picked up a 50' penalty so missed the top20 cut for Semis unfortunately, the K1Mens was awesome to watch!!!Very Competitive, esp. now with the new rules of 1run counts, there was no room for error!
Luuka had a wicked 1st run putting down a time of 111seconds, placing her in 10th!!!She will go through to the Semifinals tommorrow.
Online Results at: http://www.paucanoe2009.com/en/?p=18
The weather here has been really nice and hot. Tommorrow we will be driving about 20hours(The length of NZ) to Bratislava!!!swwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

No comments: