Friday, September 11, 2009

World Championships 2009!!!











After a sweet opening ceremony in which we were entertained by the talented La Seu locals we cruised to the course for demos. The course is pretty good, with nothing we haven’t really tried in training. Qualification for the K1W and C2 was today. I was feeling pretty nervous before my 1st run, this showed as I touched the 1st gate and had a few mishaps on my way down. I finished with a pretty slow run of 120seconds! But I felt a lot more relaxed before my 2nd and managed to pick up my pace putting down a clean 111seconds. Unfortunately Luuka picked up a 50second penalty on both of her runs, she was having really good runs before the 50’s too!!The fasted girl was a Spanish chick who put down a time of 96seconds!!Awesome to watch. I finished up in 42nd, my 1st World Championships. Today it is the C1M, K1M and C1W!! So all Kiwi's are racing today, as me and Luuka will be racing in the Womens C1!:).Looking forward to watching some tight racing in the Mens C1 and Mens K1!Gooooo NEW ZEALAND!For live results check out: www.canoeicf.com or www.123result.com There is Video online as well, but im not totally sure on the website, will update it later.

No comments: