Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Worlds to Bourg





On Sunday Luuka and I raced the Semi-final for the demo C1W event. For me this was a disaster. I rolled the whole way down the course and missed quite a few gates. In future I will get an earlier nights sleep I think!I ended up in a disappointing 20th place. However I am keen to train up in C1 this summer when I get back to New Zealand. The 2009 World Champiomships are now over. The K1M results were Kauzer from Slovenia in 1st, Nevau from France in 2nd, and Crespo from Spain in 3rd. K1W Jasmin Shornberg(Ger) 1st, Spanish chick Maialen in 2nd, and Lizzy Neave(GBR) in 3rd. C1M= 1st- Estangaut(Fra), 2nd was Martikan(SVK), and 3rd was Jan Benzien(Ger). Hochshorners dominated the C2 class.
After an epic after party we all parted ways. Mike and I headed to Milan to drop off the rental car and then caught a train across Italy and into the high French Alps to Bourg St. Mourice where we now rest with our friend Cieran. It is so good to rest here in Bourg with Cieran and his family. We are being treated to amazing French Cusine and getting plenty of rest. We will rest here for a few days before heading on another journey.
and check out Mikes and Luukas blogs for more pics and stuff... www.mikekayak.blogspot.com and luukayaker.blogspot.com
Sweet

No comments: