Sunday, January 10, 2010

Training, Awesome and Gnarly Gorges, Raglan and im off to Australia

2010 so far has been great. To be honest my training over the New Year period was not super. I felt quite ill for the first few days but seem to have come right. I have started joining the Okere crew doing 630am sprints in creek boats down the Kaituna gorge. It is a great way to start the day. There has been heaps of rain in the Manawatu with both the Otaki and Mangahau Rivers nice and high!
I have been going mountain biking and then to Kawerau to train on the Tarawera River. The sun has been out every day so it has been hard to stay inside studying! However I am off to Auz next week so need to get lots of work done before I go. The other day I rafted the Kaituna with some of the local boys, was pretty crazy, we managed to flip the raft a few times! Yesterday I paddled the whole Kaituna river incl. Awesome, Gnarly and Smokey Gorges! It took about 4hours but was soooo awesome!!! Really fun and beautiful and pretty full on.Then I was back to training. Now I am in Raglan staying with my sister heather, getting some Rehab in with massages, lots of rest and pizza:). Tommorrow morning I will fly to Sydney to train for the week. I will participating in the Ladies C1 training camp too! Sweet, off to check the surf..
adioss

No comments: