Saturday, August 04, 2012

OOOO CANADA!


Since arriving in Canada I have been pretty busy. I had the most epically long journey to get here choosing the cheapest route from Norway via San Francisco! So arriving to find my good friend Kathleen Taylor was more than good, it was amazing! Kathleen took me to her home in Ottawa where I was treated to Michael Taylors bed as he was in London training for the Olympics and Kathleens mother treated me to some incredible French toast with real Canadian maple syrup!
We did a quick run in slalom boats on the Ottawa river and then cruised off to the MKC Kingdom on the Madawaska river. Here we met up with my other good friend Katrina Van Wijk! A quick slalom race on their cute wee course and we were off to the Gull for some more racing. The Gull was another few hours away but totally worth the drive! A primo slalom course that provided some excellent racing and paddling.
We then cruised back to MKC where I began instructing kayaking. I have pretty much been at MKC instructing since then with the weekend visit to the Ottawa river for some sweet kayaking. The Ottawa river is pretty low at the moment and no Zambezi...but provides some fun waves like Garb and Push button and some enjoyable rapids.
Stoked to be here in Canada!

No comments: