Saturday, April 18, 2009

Liptovsky Mikolus, Race no. 1

Today we had our 1st Race over here in Europe. The fields were strong with paddlers from Russia, Japan, Slovakia, Slovenja, Czech, Poland, NZ and some others. There were approx. 130K1M, 70C1M, 40C2 and 62K1W. The C1men were up first and was dominated by a Russian guy, Lippatov Alexander. K1W were next and Dana Benusova of Slovakia put down a very smooth 2nd run to take the Womens Title. The other classes are racing at present so I will put some results later.
My 1st run was pretty solid with a few minor errors, including a spin at the top of the course and 3touches. I was sitting in 16th place. I felt reasonably happy with my paddling, as it was a big improvement to the performance I did on this course last year. I hoped to improve my second run by at least a few seconds, and be clean, however I unfortunately hit a few gates at the top and lost concentration for the run.
I am looking forward to racing again tommorrow. It was really good racing today and being able to put all the things I have been working on into practice in a race.
Off to study...

No comments: