Monday, April 20, 2009

Race No 2

On Sunday it was a whole new race. Unfortunately I was feeling very tired and not very well. So for me the race was nothing more then a paddle down the course. I incurred a 50second penalty when I missed one gate in my 2nd run. My 1st run was okay but had 3touches. I placed 31st. It was a good course and good experience racing. I am now feeling really motivated to work on my weaknesses from the race and looking forward to training hard these next few months. We have another race in 2weeks so that should be good.
Mike raced really well in his 1st run putting down one of the fastest times, unfortunately he had a few touches. He was coming 8th after 1st runs but ended up in 15TH out of the very competitive K1Men field.
Maria of the Czech Republic won the K1W and Lukus of Czech won the K1M.
We are now staying in Bratislava with Dana and Matej Benus. They have a wicked as house here in amoungst some trees.
For more results from the weekend check out... www.ktklm.sk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=153&Itemid=99
I will try get some pics up soon.
The weather has continually been sweet, we have been so lucky with it.
We are staying here in Bratislava to train for a few days and then planning on cruising back to Liptovsky Mikolus later in the week as there is a race there for the Czech Republic that we are hoping to enter.

No comments: