Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rafting Worlds Race Day!



The racing for the Rafting World Championships has begun! For us it was not the best start. Our top section was not ideal and we were bouncing off bollards more than we had hoped to. We even took the slow line round some of the bollards. Then when it came to the main drop my feet came loose and I fell out of the raft. It was horrible, I felt horrible and like I had completely let the team down. We ended up placing in 8th place with a time of 1.35seconds. Not bad all things considered. The top team was GB with a time of 119sec. There were 16 teams in the womens. Now we are waiting to find out the seeding for the Head to Head race that is tonight. The Mens racing was great to watch and Team NZ did well. They were in 11th last I saw out of about 30 teams.

HEAD to HEAD!: We made it through to the Quarter Finals and then were kicked out by Slovakia (the overall winners).
Tommorrow its the Slalom!Lets go NZ!

No comments: