Sunday, January 01, 2012

Kaimai Creeking!


Unfortunately not every day on the river is a good one. For me the New Year was celebrated in good company with many of my friends from here in Okere Falls at Soph’s bach in Ohope. The party was great and a good way to see in the new year although the rain was continuous. This meant the many rivers around rose to high levels. So new year’s day the Kaimai Ranges were at the top of our destination hit list! Severin, Julian, Sammy Sutton, Tim Pickering, Maxi and I cruised over to jump on to the Waipapa. This is a really sweet run and one that provides many good drops and waterfalls, including one massive one that is a no go. I was not in good form however and paddled in a sloppy style. The combination of my hangover and tiredness were not good ingredients.

Today we once again headed to the Tauranga area to do some more boating. Maxi, Paula, Nini, Severin, myself and some other Norwegians put on at the Ngamuwahine River bridge and ran the Manga and went all the way down to the bottom of the Wairoa run. Another hard day on the river for me as I am still working on getting my energy levels back up! Fun day however with a sweet crew:)


No comments: