Friday, June 01, 2012

2012 Teva Mountain Games- Vail, Colorado!


 The 2012 Teva Mountain Games kicked off with the Steep Creek Championships on Homesteak Creek! I was pretty fired up! First run was smooth till I messed up the end, but lukily I managed to go through to the final in 5th place (Top 5 in Final). I was off 1st and had nothing to loose, so went out of the start hard and managed to hold it together to finish with the fastest Womens runtime of the day! It was fast enough to move me into 2nd overall! Martina Wegman had two solid runs to take the win and Anne Hubner of Germany finished in 3rd. Fellow Kiwi Toni George put down a good performance to finish in 4th, just ahead of Katrina Van Wijk of Canada and Louise Urwin in 6th. The mens racing was tight as always with Mike Dawson taking the win in the end ahead of American Dane Jackson and Sam Sutton! Yea Kiwi domination! Stoked to be here and stoked to take home $1000.00USD for my 2nd placing:) We are staying in a Kiwi apartment here in the centre of Vail with around 8 of us, its awesome!


No comments: