Sunday, June 03, 2012

2012 Teva Mtn Games Over!





















-->The Teva Mountain Games here in Vail, Colorado wrapped up today with the 8 ball kayak event! This event took place in the heart of Vail down the local river that runs through the centre of the village. It ran with several heats of 4-5 people that had to race down the river and negotiate there way around people (8balls). Much more of a gamble then the other kayak events! I was lucky enough to make it through to the finals along with Anne Hubner of Germany who ended up 1st, Toni George who came in 2nd and Lou Urwin who finished in 3rd in the end, I got pushed into 4th. But was very lucky to win a GoPro Hero 2 in the mass start event that followed! Super stoked!
Fellow Kiwis Christy Hammond and Toni George also finished 3rd in the raft race!!!NZ Represent. 
Off to Moab National Park tomorrow and then on to Las Vegas Baby! I will try not to gamble away my $1500 worth of prizemoney or loose my new Gopro!
Big Photo Credit to my good friend Shilo Gibson, she is amazing behind the camera- as you can see:)




No comments: