Tuesday, September 25, 2012

South East- Gauley Fest & New River

-->
50cent coffee, cheap beer, and lots of people with funny accents...A week here in Fayetteville has been filled with a run and climb on the endless wall, some high water runs down the New River Gorge and more laps on the Upper Gauley. I have now paddled the Upper Gauley in a long green boat, creek boat, playboat and playboat with handpaddles! There has been a sweet crew of boaters around so Katrina and I have had the joy of paddling with Bryan, Erin, Dave, Clay, Emily and the crew from Kentucky and the MKC/OWLies. This has meant that we have had loads of different lines and been trying out the many little slot moves and side boofs. So yesterday I was following a little close behind Katrina and I tripped on my paddle and got pinned upside down...a little bit of a shitty situation right above an undercut...fortunately I managed to escape with a little swim before I was eaten by the rock.
Anyway another sweet week came to an end.
Big thanks to Bryan, Eileen and Matt for having us to stay.
We have now boosted to Americas capital city- Washington DC to run the Great Falls and visit some old slalom friends. We are staying in slalom central with Ashlee and Ashlee



No comments: