Saturday, January 19, 2013

Okere Champions Race!


Photo credit above: Douglas McCormick



The last few weeks have been really awesome being home:) Morning surf sessions, mountain biking and some competitions. Last weekend we had the Andy Duff Memorial Race which was taken out by Kenny Mutton in the Mens and myself in the women’s. The following weekend we had the Okere Champions race which includes a run, bike, swim, kayak and finally a run to the store to skull back a beer. Tim Pickering held his own once again in the mens finishing just ahead of Jamie Sutton. For the women it came down to the skull for the fight for the win. I managed to pull through just ahead of Martina and Soph Hoskins, must be all that winter training I did;)
My final year of study to be a teacher starts in 1week so I am making the most of time before then!

No comments: