Saturday, September 06, 2008

World Series- Slovak Open Quals

Today was the Qualifications for the Slovak Open. The course was once again very tricky!!! 
The amount of fifties given out today was pretty huge, esp. for Women.
I had one of the worst runs of my life. I started off by missing gate 2(Probably the easiest gate on the course) and it went bad from there resulting in a very slow run. My 2nd run was a lot better with only a few touches. I ended up in 25th place out of the small contingent of 27 Women. There are a lot of good paddlers here but many picked up fifties. In the womens class you could make the Top 10 with a fifty!!Crazy. luckily for me all Women go through to tommorrow's Semi- Finals. 
In the K1Men there was around 80 competitors, top 40 going on to the Semi-Finals. Mike had two fast run times which would have placed him in the top 5. But he picked up a fifty so ended up in 35th place. Luckily still making it through to the semis with a fifty. 
Mark had 2 reasonable runs and placed 2oth, top 30 went through for C1Men out of the 40 competitors. 
Mark and I spent the afternoon on the quad bikes and trying out the free shit!!Was sweet. 
Hopefully tommorrows racing goes a lot better!!
Ciao

No comments: