Thursday, October 08, 2009

SICKLINE EXTREME and Birthday...

The Sickline Extreme World Championships were awesome to watch and there was some really good racing from the Kiwi contingent! Mike had the fastest time of the day and ended up in 2nd to 2008 Canoe Slalom Olympic Gold medalist Alex Grimm. Sam Sutton the other Kiwi finished in 7th. Ciaran Mcardle-Heartau did really well and placed in 12th. There were over 100 competitiors on the start and only 48 went through to the 1st round of head to heads on the Wellerbroker section of the river.
After the race Ciaran, Mike and I journeyed to Munich to get involved in the Oktoberfest...crazy! Then on to Prague to celebrate my 21st Birthday with all my mates:). After an awesome day we then hit the road again and made it to Paris, where we slept for a night with Ciarans mate. Now we have finally made it to the UK where I am catching up with Lizzy and getting lots of things organised before I fly out to Africa tommorrow!!!
Have been having some awesome as times and this last week has flown!
I will try put pics up soon. Check out Mikes blog for more info about our journeys! www.mikekayak.blogspot.com
Sweet,
Cau

No comments: