Monday, October 19, 2009

ZAMBEZI!!

We are now in Zambia! It is awesome here. As I write my body feels like its on fire, its pretty hot here and after 6hours of paddling today down the mighty Zambezi river I am feeling the sun!Fortunately over here it tans!
We are staying at a really cool backpakers in town and it has a pool to cool down in. The town is pretty rugged compared to most places I have been this year. You can definately tell its a third World Country. Mike and I met up with another Kiwi dude Blair and an Auzy dude Johno so we have a pretty sweet little crew here. We have been hitting up the Zambezi river from rapid 1-25! Its 35km long! Some of the biggest Whitewater I have ever been in for sure!Its really HUGE!!So much fun. I got pretty dominated my first day but feel quite comfortable now!Yesterday Mike ran the Minus rapids which are Ginormous! I might hit up -1 in a week or so but definately not -2! Man its been some awesome past few days. My body definately needs a massage! People here are great. Today after the paddle I sat on the roof on the truck as we drove back to our accom. We drove through villages full of stick houses and stuff, was pretty eye opening. We also saw elephants and monkeys along the track!
Sweet, We are off to dinner.

2 comments:

Les and Kay said...

beers for you not the boys u r a legend paddling that stay safe!!

LizJ@blogspot.com said...

well done Louise, it all sounds very amazing, we are enjoying the photoes and stories, keep them coming!
Mum and Dadxxx