Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stage 4 WWGP- Head to Head Futa!



Video from Stage 4:


After a long drive and about three ferry crossings down the coast of Chile we came to rest in the campsite of Bio Bio right on the edge of the Rio Futaleufu. Everyone was stoked to make it down here in beautiful Patagonia! The Rio Futaleufu lies below the mighty Andes mountains and with high amounts of rain was in full force from day 1. So after a day or two of paddling the bridge to bridge section we were set to prepare for stage 4- head to head boatercross down the mighty rapids of Mass or Menus! Mass or Menus is my favourite rapid here on the Futaleufu so I am totally stoked to be racing on it.
Unfortunately I did not fire as much as I had hoped in this race, I had an okay start and then ended up surfing a wave half way down which was not the fastest line! A great race and a lot of fun none the less!

No comments: