Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stage 5 WWGP- Enduro Bridge to Bridge


Stage 5 of the WWGP was a mass start from the top bridge all the way down to the bottom of Casa De Paedra, the second rapid below the bridge. I was feeling super stoked for this event as it was a solid 20-30minute paddle down class 4+ high big water and was non-stop. First us ladies set safety for the Men and having Dane Jackson tell me it was the hardest race he had ever done physically was enough to get my hype up for this final event. Not only was this the 5th and final stage of the WWGP but it was also the final place decider for all of the racers in the WWGP!
I charged out hard at the start and did not stop until the finish. Nouria Newman took the lead after the first rapid entrada and was closely followed by Martina Wegman. Katrina and I battled for a whil until she broke away and I was left to battle Natalie all the way to the end. She pulled ahead of me at the final rapid leaving me to finish in 5th place.

I ended up in 6th equal with Nicole Mansfield overall. I am a bit gutted that I couldn't perform better in the races but to be honest since my injury it has been hard to get back my confidence. I was just so happy to be out there racing and giving my best for the time that was.

No comments: