Saturday, May 24, 2008

Valtrusy Race



These last few days have been spent training on the course and walking the streets of Prague. We are staying in the local boathouse which is just 50m from the slalom course!


Yesterday we went into Prague cental and wandered around admiring the sites and scenes of this amazing city.


Today we went to Valtrusy and had a race. We arrived at the course on which neither James or myself have ever paddled to find that it is similar to both Prague and Roudnice.


My 1st run was a bit shaky with a recirc and a few minor mishaps. Fortunately my 2nd run went a lot better. I ended up in 8th in the Open Women class of about 23.


We have another race tommorrow and I am looking to make a top 5 placing and improve by a solid 5-10 seconds on my personal performance.

No comments: