Saturday, September 10, 2011

2011 World Champs- Qual Run 2



Race Day:
After our delayed start racing was finally underway again on Friday morning. I was feeling really nervous by this stage!! The nerves showed in my first run when I dropped low into 2 of the upstreams and lost time. I went into my second run knowing I had to lay it down, I felt a lot more relaxed and was recharged and ready to attack. I attacked my 2nd run well and had some good lines and fast strokes, unfortunately I also had 8seconds worth of penalties and a little time loss in places. I ended up in 55th. My 1st run a 115 clean and my 2nd run a 109+8.
I was pretty gutted, my dream perfomance I had been preparing for was lost and my chances for the Semis were well out. I was quite dissapointed, but sometimes thats the way sport goes.
And so it has come to the end of my 2011 Canoe Slalom season! It has been an awesome journey and I have had a lot of fun along the way. Big big thanks to all my supporters, especially my family, Luuka, Jane Borren, Sam Thompson, Mike, The Dawsons, Sue Clarke and all my European friends that have helped me out soo much! Its been awesome.
I am now going to take a year off slalom to finally finish my degree and focus on some extreme races! I am really happy about this and super excited to venture into what I think will be the raddest year yet! I have already got a few ideas about where I would like to go and have a few plans but they will come out in time:)

Big Congrats to my best mate and fellow team mate Luuka Jones, she lay down two very solid runs to place in 32nd, making the 14th Nation spot and qualifying herself a spot at the 2012 Olympic Games in London!I am really stoked for her and look forward to celebrating her success on Sunday at the final party:)
Also Big congrats to my other mate Mike Dawson, he pulled it together in his 2nd run with an 89sec clean and very smooth run to place 10th and secure his spot in the top 40!!!!!!!

No comments: