Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Austria!






Since arriving in the beautiful Tirol Valley and resting here in the Austrian village Oetz, life has been sweet. I have been enjoying the daily kayaking trips on the various sections of the Oetztal River, walks around the scenic lake and dinner with the many good people rolling in the area. On Sunday a crew of around 10 of us decided to head up the valley to the Glacier in Solden. Solden Glacier has just opened for skiing and provided a few really nice runs, including one amazing section with thick powder to butter our way down. I even tried out skis for a bit, but think I will stick to snowboarding! It was an awesome day and pretty reasonably priced. Other than that the training for the Sickline Extreme Race is on! Martina and I have been busting out a few solid runs down the Qualification course and building our confidence for the harder section. The river has been really high and this has meant the Wellebrucke section has been at quite a pushy flow. I have had a few really good runs down the quals course and a few not so good, with a casual swim in the big drop today. I was trying a new line and took a heavy beating on the 'Champions Killer' Waterfall! Feeling good generally though and really excited for the next few days of training before the race on Friday! Hoping to get the last drop dialled! My new DuemStuff Gear is holding up really well and has been keeping me warm on the icy waters, and it looks great too!


No comments: