Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Olympic Selection for NZ! 2011 World Champs Fineto.


The 2011 Canoe Slalom World Championships in Bratislava of Slovakia was a very successful event. The crowds were massive, competition was fierce and the atm0sphere was charged!
For New Zealand it was a successful World Championships with Mike Dawson finishing with a very creditatble result of 16th and qualifying the 2012 Olympic spot as the 12th Nation. Big Congrats to Mike, he totally deserves this spot and is a on good form for doing well at the Games next year.
Luuka Jones also qualified New Zealand a K1W spot as 14th (I think) Nation, placing a creditatble 32nd position in the end, just missing the tight cut of the Semi-Finals.
Although I didn't pull together the dream full runs I had been imagining I had some good racing and was happy with my paddling. The competition was awesome and I really enjoyed the racing.
Now it is time to unwind...I have migrated to Praha and I am staying in my favorite European chillout location with the Hradileks in Zbuzany. Issac, Vavra and I have been chilling out in the city and enjoying our break.
Next up is Kanumesse (Kayak Trade show) that is in Nurnburg, Germany. Then I will be heading to Oetz in Austria to do some kayaking and prepare for the 2011 Addidas Sickline Extreme Race. Some good weeks are to come...




No comments: