Monday, July 07, 2008

Augsberg to La Seu

Hola,
The amount of preperation that goes into a race is huge!!After walking the course several times and studying the water around each gate for about 5mins it all comes down to about 120seconds on the water. 
My Semi-finals run went quite well for me. I didn't have the best start to the race as I caught a bit too much of the first hole which spun me slightly but after that everything went pretty smoothly. It was clean which was good and I felt online and had a good feel for the water. I ended up in 36th which for me is my best International Race thus far. 
James Dawson the other Kiwi to make a Semi final for C1M also had a good race. He ended up in a creditable 26th place. 

After the race I managed to find a ride to La Seu D' Urgel with two of the Japanese... Aki and Szuzi along with Pablo from Chile. We drove for 15 hours through the night until we reached La Seu. Coming into Spain was cool as you could see a big change in the buildings architecture and the landscape became a lot more mountainous as we headed around the Spanish Pyreeness. Pablo from Chile very kindly helped me get sorted with accomodation here in La Seu. I am staying right in the centre of the town and only 5mins walk from the Slalom course!! A lot of countries are also staying at the same place. 
La Seu D' Urgell is a very cool little town with a beautiful town centre square. I have checked out the course and it is looking really fun with lots of sweet features the whole way down the course!!I can't wait to paddle:) 
It looks like it is going to be a good weekend!!
Ciao

No comments: