Friday, July 04, 2008

World Cup No.3- Augsberg

Today we had the Qualifications for the Augsberg World Cup. In the morning was Mike Dawson for K1M and Bryden and Andrew for C2. The C2 were looking fast and online but had one or two small mistakes and a few too many touches so missed the tight cut for the C2 Semi-finals. Mike incurred two 50Second penalties so was put out of contention for the K1M Semi-finals.
In the Afternoon James Dawson layed down two very solid runs to place 28th, top 30 made it through in C1M for the Semi-finals so he will be racing on Sunday.
I was first off in the girls and put down a okay run. I only had one touch but had 1 spin and was a bit slower then I could have been but all up it wasnt bad. My second run I tried to up my speed. I stayed online but touched 3 gates and had 2spins. It was enough to put me into 34th position, safely in the top 40. I will be racing also on Sunday in the Semi-finals.
Luuka unfortunately incurred a 50Second penalty which put her out of the top 40.
Tommorrow we will go and watch the K1M and C2 Semis and finals. I am now trying to sort a flight or ride to La Seu D Urgell for the Pre World Championships which will be held next weekend! I am the only New Zealander going to the race.
Today is James Birthday, Kathrin made him a cake and we are going out to dinner soon...
Ciao

3 comments:

abby said...

did u and luuka swap bibs??I was looking at the results and they are really different to what you said. they said mike didn't start??james acme 34th, u 43rd, luuka 34th, super confusing!! shot on making it thru, knew u could do it. stink about missing the party but guess u ther 4 paddling haha.swet well have a blast, peace out

abby said...

haha thats embarassing, i was looking at the tacen results, no wonder they were different!!!haha good luck for semis, XO

*Louise* said...

Hahahaha shot Abby!!hehe, all good. Thanx man!!Yea im a bit gutted about missing the 1 sweet party!!But I think the race is gonna be worth it!