Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pre Worlds cont...

Click on images to enlarge








Sorry it has taken me so long to update the race but it has been busy times. I will take off from where I left off…
My 2nd run felt better but turned out to be the same time as my first with 2 less touches. So I stayed to finish in 23rd, just missing the top 20 cut. They still decided to test for me drugs however!! I didn’t feel my runs were bad at all. They were solid and my lines were sweet I was just lacking power and strength to pull.
The Auzzys did really well with Kate Lawrence making the finals as well as Anthony Brown and Warwick Draper and the Australian C2 of Lachie and Mark!!
The girls were taken out by Dukatova, C2 was Skanter and Skantar, C1 was Tony Estaunguay and Fabien Lafevre for K1M. It was a great race to watch!!

So I have now come to the end of my kayaking tour. It has been such an awesome adventure and I have been to many places, paddled many rivers and met many awesome people. I would like to say a huge thanks to all the support I have had and to all the people that helped me out along the way. It hasn’t always been easy having no coach but so many people have helped us out and this has meant things have run very smoothly.

After the race and celebrations I caught a ride into Barcelona with two Americans and a Canadian. We hit up the beach which was really nice and we chilled in town before I headed out to Sant Celoni( A town about 30mins from Barcelona).

I am now living in Sant Celoni with a family. This week I will not be kayaking, I will be busy getting to know this new home. I hope in a few weeks to get back into some training scheme however. I have enjoyed the paddling greatly and would like to keep going for sure.

No comments: